Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jjaj1998@netscape.net is offline

Default Sound Of Bipolar Junction Transistors

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 7:50:20 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 15/10/2017 6:50 AM, wrote:

The phono cartridge preamp I made used (2) Op-Amps per channel, via Walter Jung's design. Even published in (defunct) High Fidelity Magazine. Impressive.

Jack

The 741 Cookbook ? Yum.

I forget the title, paperback book, yellow cover, probably published in the '80's, maybe Op-Amp Cookbook, by Walter Jung.

My "boss" gave me the book, that's when I noticed the cartridge pre-amp with great specs. My boss had the 14 pin DIPS, needed four, even "A" Grade.
He helped me select HQ passive components, metal film resistors, etc..

I learned enough CAD to lay-out the PC boards, wanted separate L&R PC boards.
I thought, hey, why not mirror one!!

Photo etched the boards, drilled them, everything going GREAT!!

Started stuffing the boards, wanted to use IC sockets. The last thing was inserting the Op-Amps. That's when it dawned one me, the mirrored board pin-out was reversed. I called myself a dumb Jack As*. I did the worst thing possible, and bent the IC pins over. Took it home and it worked like a champ! Was nice to thank Walter, online, many years later.

Jack

geopff