Randy

Default Another question on SACD player

Pardon me for sidestepping your question somewhat but have you spent
much time with the Maverick player? I owned one for about a month but
ended up returning it because of it's quirky and inconsistent
operation. Problems included frequent TOC reading errors, some discs
would not play, some would play without sound and many hybrid discs
would not play one layer or the other. According to posts and
discussions on audioasylum.com, my experience with this player is not
uncommon. I thought the player sounded ok but I could just not
tolerate the annoying operational quirks. Perhaps they have fixed
these bugs but I would recommend you spend some time with the player
before you commit.

Just my .02

Randy

Lawrence Leung wrote in message ...
I have another question regarding SACD player.

I am thinking of buying the new Music Hall Maverick SACD player. It comes
with a coaxial output, and I would like to hook it up with the Music Hall
Mambo integrated amp. which also has a coaxial input.

My question is: "can I do that?" Will the Mambo's 24/96 upsampling system
handle the DAC? Or do I need an extra DAC to hook up the Maverick with the
Mambo, if I want to use its coaxial output? Or the whole thing is a total
waste of money and time, no difference than I just hook them up using the
normal interconnect RCA?

Thanks!

Lawrence Leung