Gene Poon

Default inexpensive passive preamps?

gregS wrote:
On some of the better
semisealed pots, I turn the unit upside-down, and spray the wires
where they enter the pot. The liquid will seep in.

There used to be a tool which was designed to screw onto the standard
mounting for a pot. Had a place on it where you could insert the
standard plastic nozzle for a spray can. You'd take off the knob, put
this together and spray whatever you wanted into it. A repair shop
friend of mine had one. It worked very well, and saved a him lot of
time. It was in the McGee Radio catalog (this will date me, if nothing
else does), but like a fool, I didn't buy one and I have not seen one in
many years.

-Gene Poon