Posted to alt.guitar.bass,rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.bass,rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment
Mike Hanson Mike Hanson is offline

Default Help wiring speakers

Bill wrote:
Mike Hanson wrote:

Actually, a bazillion amps *won't go* though 0 ohms because the door is
shut. However, I'm sure one can Google up the formula for heat
generated by electrical current. Or Power.

0 ohms is just that, a superconductor, and researchers have put millions
of amps through superconducting rings to get huge magnetic fields. The
problem is that if they heat up enough to have **any** resistance the
current can cause so much heat the now non-superconductor can explode
from the stored energy.
Power is current squared times resistance.
Bill Baka

Yes. I was of course thinking of infinite resistance and should stop
writing two-sentence posts when it's very late and I'm tired. On the
other hand, it generated your response. Nice to meet you, Bill. :-)
--
Mike.