Lazarus

Default Sony Repair Suggestions

If you change the machine to play the current discs your 300 old ones will
no longer play.

CDS are crap nowadays and are not as thick as they used to be.

If you want to play the current cds and are willing to take the chance that
it wont play your old cds you can adjust the focus of the laser yourself.

Open the machine and follow the ribbon cable from the laser pick up assembly
to the PCB where it plugs in.

At this location on the PCB you will see one or two small screws which are
variable resistors.....turn them until your current discs play

But be warned you may now have problems with your older discs!

Sony and others will not admit it but thats why they refused to fix
it....what you ask is basically very very difficult to do on an older
machine

Anything older than 12 months these days is "old"

"Peter" wrote in message
nk.net...
Sony Factory Service refused to repair my 1991 top-of-the-line CDP-X777ES

CD
player because they claim they have no parts anymore, this despite the

fact
that over the phone they had assured me that they did indeed have parts

for
the CD Player and based on that I had sent it to their San Diego,
California, Service Center. The problem is that the CD Player refuses to
recognize a few new CDs that are playable on all other CD Players. It

plays
about 300 other CDs without any problems.

Hence I am wondering if anyone might know of a very "reputable" and
"reliable" repair service that would be willing to help me? I do not care
where it might be within the USA.

Thanks in advance for your possible recommendations.