Chad Wahls

Default Problem with Kenwood KDC-MP625 shutting off

"Ampdoc" wrote in message
Wrong idea. Head unit output IC's do have built in protection, which

usually
dosen't work (90% of the time the output fries itself). If it WAS a
protection fault, only the audio would cut off, not the entire radio. More
likely is low voltage, causing the radio's microprocessor to glitch, thus
the need to reset the unit to restore proper operation.

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.

Wrong answer, great Idea. If this were the case It (by judging by your
screen name) would make make our lives easier as techs. That way the
customer wont keep turning it on causing further damage. If the amp goes
DC, it has to be reset, don't put it in the manual and let a pro figure it
out. I guess I jumped too soon in hope that someone would have done this by
now.

Agreed the protection on internal one chip wonders is horrible, especially
since the manufacturers KNOW what it is going to be put through.

Chad