Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Serge Auckland Serge Auckland is offline

Default Radford Preamp

"Jocelyn Major" wrote in message
Greeting,
I just got my hand on a old Radford SC-242 Preamp. The lady who gave it to
me didn't really take care of it so most of the lettering on the face
plate is erased. I hook it to my Quad 303 amp and after trial and error I
manage to find what button control what. So I listen to some CD and LP and
was simply amazed with the sound. This preamp was design between 30 and 40
years ago. I open it up and it is build like a tank. I would like to
restore it so I need schematic and/or picture of it(So I can redo the
lettering of the face plate). So does anyone have any info on this Radford
SC-242 Preamp?

Thanks!

Jocelyn

I have a small photo of the SC-22, but I don't have any info on the SC-242
Control Unit, so have no idea how similar they are. I see, however, that
you can buy a High-Fidelity Magazine review of the SC-242 from 1974 for
$5.00 from

http://www.roger-russell.com/magrevhf.htm

Hope this helps

S.