Mike Rivers

In article t writes:

(Jensen AN-003
paper). Not surprisingly, their first best solution is to use one of
their input transformers. I'd be skeptical of this myself, but in
practice it really does sound better than the hard-coupled arrangement.

I think that's just your taste. I don't buy the "less blurriness" but
if that's the way you hear what the transformer does, then so be it.
Are you sure that you didn't invert the polarity of the audio when you
put the transformer in there? That could cause things to sound a
little different.

There's no reason why, in this application, a transformer should have
more accurate signal transfer than direct wiring.

Have you tried the "impedance balanced" source approach, with a
resistor to ground connected to Pin 3 that's equal to the source
impedance of the hot side of the output? (you'll have to determine
that value experimentally).

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )