Tha Ghee

Default Suggestions on headunit selection

"Daniel Ruiz" wrote in message
k.net...
Hey folks, you guys have come up clutch with recommendations in the past

so
I look to you all again. Some prick in the middle of the night slim-jimmed
my car and stole my Alpine CDA-7863, so now I'm asking you all for
suggestions about a headunit. I'm actually more interested in used units
since they'll obviously be cheaper (I'm a broke-ass college student) and
I could care less about DVD, MP3, AAC, whatever playback. I'm a musician

and
am really picky about sound quality but I trust the experienced ears on
here. I'm not really interested in Eclipse, I love Alpine, but I'm very

open
to trying out other brands like Clarion (which I've heard were excellent,
especially the 9XXX series and the ADCS-1), Pioneer (ODR and P1R keep

coming
up), older Sony stuff like the XES, and anything else of high quality. A
detachable face would be REALLY nice, but I'm not sure if any of the units
I mentioned have that. High quality playback, reliable, some means of

theft
deterrence and price are my priorities.

I would suggest Denon, Clarion, McIntosh, Kenwood.