Daniel Ruiz

Default Suggestions on headunit selection

Hey folks, you guys have come up clutch with recommendations in the past so
I look to you all again. Some prick in the middle of the night slim-jimmed
my car and stole my Alpine CDA-7863, so now I'm asking you all for
suggestions about a headunit. I'm actually more interested in used units
since they'll obviously be cheaper (I'm a broke-ass college student) and
I could care less about DVD, MP3, AAC, whatever playback. I'm a musician and
am really picky about sound quality but I trust the experienced ears on
here. I'm not really interested in Eclipse, I love Alpine, but I'm very open
to trying out other brands like Clarion (which I've heard were excellent,
especially the 9XXX series and the ADCS-1), Pioneer (ODR and P1R keep coming
up), older Sony stuff like the XES, and anything else of high quality. A
detachable face would be REALLY nice, but I'm not sure if any of the units
I mentioned have that. High quality playback, reliable, some means of theft
deterrence and price are my priorities.

The rest of my system is a small Soundstream Rubicon 302 feeding my
Orion HCCA 6s components and an Xtant X212 pushed by a DEI 250d, so it's
not complicated by any means. The only thing I'm planning on doing later is
adding a carputer, so some means of adding an RCA audio input would be
greatly preferred if it doesn't already have the jacks at the rear of the
deck.

Sorry for the length. Much appreciated for any suggestions or experiences!

Danny D. Ruiz | How many times do you hear it? It goes
| on all day long. Everyone knows
| everything, and no one's ever wrong...
1998-1999 U.M. Band of the Hour Tuba| Until later...- Rush (Show Don't Tell)
2000-2001 Boston Crusaders Contra ----------------------------------------
2002-2003 FIU Banda del Sol Tuba Section Leader