On 3 Sep 2005 16:10:34 -0700, "Bret Ludwig" wrote:

Now, her amp may be nice, might sound like an old 6L6 interstage coupled amp,

but it isn't state of the art!

More like state of the 70s amateur build!!

In the 70s the hobbyists, what few there were, were building Ampzillas
and Tigersauruses, solid state amps that were actually good measuring
until they blew up.

I was building tube amps and simple PA SS circuits, mostly those darlington
quasy output things... I did build a Lil Tiger once, it blew up... then I
started to design my own... or just used modules. they blew up too...

SWTPC was good for "paper designs", but they knew **** about the real world of
audio... I had to re-design and modify most of their audio kits.

Most work I did in the 70s was as a freelance audio 'guy'... did everything from
re-wire bad PA installations, to building mic pre's and mixers... and speaker
boxes sometimes... even did field recording with an old Dokorder! I should try
to find that old 4 channel tape...

But Tubes rule! and audiofools suck!