John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L Stewart View Post
Here is a similar circuit but this time with choke input to filter. You can see the SUF (& PUF) have gone from 0.586 to 0.883. All these numbers are ideal & the best possible. There will be other losses in all, but this gives one an idea of what is possible. Some 3-phase circuits are quite a bit better, another reason 3-phase is in common use for any large power requirement.
Guess I hit the send key on that one too soon. I will blame it on old age. Better get on the bicycle again!

The bottom line as far as UF is concerned is shown in the lower RH corner of each of the examples.

Cheers, John
Attached Images