Frank Stearns

(Scott Dorsey) writes:

Frank Stearns wrote:
I need to cobble together a single-channel two-way mic splitter -- one
output "flow through" and the other transformer isolated.

I've got an ancient Triad line-to-line audio transformer: each side has
600 ohms with taps for 250 and 50 ohms. (Model number is rubbed off, but
it's a metal can, 3/8" stud mount, roughly the size of a shot glass with
leads coming out through the stud,)

This is not the right sort of transformer for a bridging splitter. For
a bridging splitter you want a high-Z-to-low-Z transformer, so that the
bridging load does not much affect the load that the microphone sees.

Well, heck. I rumaged around and found a UTC 0-1: 50K on one side and
500/200/50 on the other and also another Triad with 85K on one side and
600/250/50 on the other.

I figured 50K+ through a transformer might be too high to drive the low
side with any respectable amount of level. I'll try it.

Thanks, Scott.

Frank