MZ

I think your initial impression was correct. It sounds like he's asking
about coaxials vs. triaxials.

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Tony Fernandes wrote:

My bad...for some odd reason I thought we were talking about 2 and 3-way
coaxials, not components.

Disregard.

Tony

--
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message
I would disregard any notion you may have that a 3-way speaker will sound
any better than a 2-way. It would be like a general (false) belief that
just because a car has a turbo charger that it will be faster than a non
turbocharged one. I've heard plenty of 2-ways that sound much better than
3-ways for example. Having said that, I would highly recommend that you
personally audition your speakers before you buy them...especially since
you have a hearing deficit.

You might be more interested in choosing a head unit that can control the
boost of the midrange frequencies if you have troubles hearing them, for
example.

Tony

--
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500
Amplifiers, Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped
In Front and Focal 130HCs For Rear Fill, 2 Soundstream EXACT10s In
Aperiodic Enclosure
"Mac Cool" wrote in message
I don't know much about car audio but I would like to upgrade my system
just a bit. I have congenital hearing loss and I don't hear midrange very
well, it sounds muddy. So I want to upgrade my factory speakers (Ford
F150) to either 2 ways or 3 ways to emphasize the higher and lower
frequencies a bit. What are the pros/cons of 2 ways vs. 3 ways?

Who are some recommended online sources for receivers, amps, etc. ?
--
Mac Cool