Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
[email protected] invalid@invalid.invalid is offline

Default LAME conversion to MP3

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:05:25 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)"
wrote:

You will not ever get the same quality from any lossy compression as you do
from a wav or flac compressed file, alac on Apple, but the lower the bitrate
etc the worse it will get of course. Some of the variable bit rate mp3s do a
good job especially at level 3 very 44.1khz and 256kbits/sec max or greater.
Brian

I've used the source WAV parameters; sample rate 48,000 Hz and bit
rate 192 kb/s; when converting to the MP3. I don't know if this is
proper for the destination MP3 file.

Advice? Thank you.

What I really want to know is whether the two files sound similar. I
think they do. Again, thanks for advice.