Posted to alt.music.mp3.hardware,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default Which MP3 Recorder has the longest recording time?

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:31:51 +0100, Chel van Gennip wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:
On Jan 6, 9:46 pm, Matt wrote:

Where would I be able to get an external battery from?

This is kind of a chicken-and-egg thing. If you really want to do
this, assume that:

1 - There will be no off-the-shelf battery pack available

and

2 - When you have the recorder in hand, you will be able to find
someone to build a battery pack for you capable of any capacity that
you want

My Microtrack 24/96 is powered through the USB connection. It should not
be to hard to find a battery pack for that. I've tested with a battery
pack with 4AA NiMh cells, and I get over 12 hours recording time, but
that was tested with phantom power on. Without phantom power it will be
much more.

Now that we know that it is a lecture series to be recorded, it is probably
safe to assume that if the speaker isn't on drugs or tag-teaming, they won't
be talking nonstop for the entire period.

When the speaker stops to return home and get some sleep or the tag-team
gives the audience a chance to do the same, replace the batteries with fresh
ones or recharge them.