Posted to alt.music.mp3.hardware,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Which MP3 Recorder has the longest recording time?

Matt wrote:
What are the portability requirements? Exactly how much run time
do you need? At what quality level?

Portability would be very useful. Run time I need as much as I can
get, but about 3 days minimum. The recording is only voice, so I could
put up with a low quality (by low I mean something like telephone
quality) recording in this case.

Connect an externalbatteryto a hard drive mp3 player with record
capability and you should be able to record a full month.

Where would I be able to get an external battery from?

Practically any electronics hobby shop. Check the Yellow Pages, or online.

A 'hard drive' mp3 recorder will still use too much power. A Zoom H2 would
need a 9V battery pack or mains PSU, and a suiatble plug. Time to GET
resourceful.

geoff