Posted to alt.music.mp3.hardware,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Default Which MP3 Recorder has the longest recording time?

geoff wrote:
Matt wrote:
Since you won't reveal the application, are we to
assume that it must be portable and self-powered?

If you want to continue to play a game of 20-questions,
your responses will be limited to those who also wish
to play.

My apologies. The application is a set of lectures over a three day
period that I will be unable to attend, so I want to leave the
recorder going in my absence.

Get a Zoom H2 and an 8GB SD card. Get someone to push Record and Stop each
day.

Nice though it is, 4 hours recording pretty much kills the batteries on
one of those. It uses a standard 9 volt wallwart, though, so an external
pack shouldn't be too hard to make.

Plan B, which is to run it off a USB supply as an independent recorder,
doesn't work. It had to be either the internal pencells or a 9 volt
supply. Drat.

Your best & easiest bet will probably be to either have a word with the
lecturer or the venue beforehand. Most lecturers I've met have been
quite co-operative about either recording or printed notes.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.