jim

"Philip Lawrence" wrote in message
HI Jim
Where can you buy the Bridges?
Thanks Phil

jim wrote:
Don't want to get into the valve/silicon, which is best, debate. You

makes
yer choices and that's OK by me. It's all down to the schematic and

what
you believe in....

I use silicon. Don't need a heater and low voltage drop...... IN4007 ?

keep seeing it on schematics .... what's wrong with BY127 ? ....seems

have a better spec.. or .. I now use encapsulated industrial

bridges....
About 1" square. Bolt down solid to the chassis with a 1/4" nut and

bolt,
have four Lucar/spade connectors.... cost about £2 and are rated at

1500
PIV at 35 AMPS !!!
Where can you buy the Bridges?

Thanks Phil
They don't get very warm with 500mA through them , so a heat sink is not

an
issue !!

Any comments ?

Kind regards
jim

Hi, Philip,
Depends where you are in the world, I suppose. The ones I use are made by
either General Rectifier or International Semiconductor bought from RS
Components in Corby, Northamptonshire. They have a huge range of
encapsulated bridges from 1A to 35A with solder or dry connections. and
PIVs up to 1600V I like the single bolt fixing ones 'cause they're simple
to mount and the spade connections avoid any danger of heat damage when
wiring them up
RS are at http://rswww.com

kind regards
jim