Les

"jeffc" wrote in message
m...

"Les" wrote in message

Your test equipment isn't perfect either. Sorry.

And where do you get this from? Test equipment that can measure the

change
in signal is way beyond what our ears can detect. How is it not?

First you wonder why I claim it's not perfect, then you talk about how

it's
better than our ears. What do those 2 things have in common?

These distortions CAN be measured and HAVE been measured numerous
times. Measuring voltage and current is not really that hard. Where does
your distrust in test equipment come from?

Because it's not perfect. Where does your distrust in ears come from?
Besides, if you're saying it's been measured, that just proves my original
point.

You never answered the question. I have no distrust in my ears, but I do
know ears limitations. And I fail to see how it proves your original point.
The point I made is that any distortions that are present have been and can
be measured and in a properly functioning amp the differences in signal are
below the human threshold of hearing. How does that line up with your
original point.

What is there to hear otherwise? You either know that the test equipment

can
measure differences that we cannot hear or you believe in some wild
mysterious immeasureable component to audio that people know how to

acheive
but cannot explain what it is or how they acheived it.

Huh? Don't jump into the middle of a conversation next time if you

haven't
been paying attention.

I've been paying attention. That is basically the 2 options. Since you seem
to have something against test equipment and believe it is not accurate
enough to measure some component that gives an amp a sonic signature, then
you must think there is an immeasureable (at least for now) compenent that
can be created with accuracy yet has no way to be measured.

Obviously to subscribe to the philosophy that amps have signatures then
logically their designers and makers would be able to know how to give them
their sonic characteristics, right? Unless we want to get delve further into
a reality where physics means nothing and assume they all just guess and
hope people like it.

I fail to see what other explanation there could be for amps having "sonic
signatures" and sounding different than that.

Les