Porky

"The Ghost" wrote in message
. 6...
"Daydream Electric" wrote in
:

Your abuse of the English language is disgusts me. When's the last
time you heard music performed inside a tube? Never? Exactly.

We all familiar what can happen (statistically speaking) if enough

typewriters are
put in the hands of enough monkeys.

"Your abuse of the English language IS disgusts me?" Right on, moron!
The topic of discussion involves a theoretically ideal situation of a
piston in a tube. Since you clearly have **** for brains, I don't expect
you to understand why that theoretically ideal situation is being
discussed. Nonetheless, why don't you do both of us a favor and simply

not
read my posts, you stupid idiot.

The original discussion was about possible Doppler shift in a
loudspeaker. Theoretical ideals do not necessarily equate to real world
situations, and even if they do, the relationship is often tenuous at best.
The whole reason for using a piston in a tube is to reduce a fiendishly
complex issue to simplest terms so that a mathematical solution might be
considered (and from the length of this discussion, it's still extremely
complex).
In a real listening room with a real loudspeaker, one must not only
consider the possible phase shifts in the soundwaves that travel directly
from the speaker to the ear, but also the phase relationships of all the
soundwaves that are reflected off the walls, floor, ceiling, and any item in
the room that is capable of reflecting sound toward the ear, and then
refraction also must be taken into account. Since even the largest anechoic
chambers aren't anechoic at very low frequencies, the situation is still
hoplessly complex even there.
I would suggest that until someone builds a computer model of a real
loudspeaker reproducing real music in a real room, comes up with the
necessary algorythms and runs the simulation, no accurate, or even
approximate solution for the real world issue is going to be found.
From a practical standpoint, the question isn't whether Doppler shift
exists in a loudspeaker, the real issue is whether or not it's audible, and
if it is audible, whether or not our hearing has a mechanism to compensate
for it.