Jim Carr

"The Ghost" wrote in message
. 29...

Screw you, asswipe. All you've ever offered is mindless, ignorant arm-
chair criticism. So, you don't even qualify for the fraud test.

I have stated from day one that I understand the concept of Doppler
distortion in a speaker as repeatedly described. I also commented that if it
happens as described, then microphones suffer from it. Instruments like
guitars and pianos must also suffer from it as well. However, because of the
short distances in the vibrations, it must not be much.

What bothered me was that I could not (and still cannot) see how a speaker
really works. Yeh, I can describe the mechanics involved, but I still don't
fully understand the exact physics where the diaphragm creates the sound
wave. Is it at the start of the throw? The end? The middle? If it's in the
middle of a long throw for a loud low frequency, how does it make the higher
frequencies at the same time?

The speaker pushes air and makes a breeze, but it also transfers energy to
individual molecules which start bouncing into each other in a wave, which
is what we ultimately perceive as sound. I accept that it works, but the
physics escape me. I can live with that.

So, when Bob suggested that there might be something more involved with
Doppler distortion due the physics described above, I thought that was a
fair question to ask. He conducted himself quite well and took the humble
step of expanding the discussion out of a.m.h-s and into groups where people
with expertise greater than his might answer the question.

It was going quite well until some home-schooled, insecure mamma's boy (that
would be you) started venting his years of frustration and feelings of
inadequacy. It's been a fun little game watching you yap like a poodle while
several of us kicked the fence. FYI, Porky and I are far from being pals.
Check the Google archives if you don't believe me.

I have stated repeatedly that I have neither the training nor the experience
to even begin to answer the questions myself. Quite frankly I couldn't care
less if it's there or not. First, I cannot hear it. Second, even if I could,
there's nothing I could do about it anyway. Of the issues in the processes
required for me to produce good music on my home computer, Doppler
distortion is at the bottom of the list.

So, there is no fraud test for me to pass or fail. Well, maybe there is.
Maybe I am lying and really do have a degree in physics, and I'm just
playing dumb. Sorta like you, I guess.

As for your blustering about threats, give it a rest. There's no way you
have the balls to say in person any of the things you've written. You might
have when you were younger, but now you're too big to hide in your mother's
apron when things get tough. You know deep down I'm right, so don't even
bother playing the "if we met in person" game. Chances are it would never
happen. If it did, we all know how you'd behave.

Kiss my ass you technically-inept piece of ****. You are so full of it
that it is flowing out your ears.

Try something new, will ya? That one is getting old.