Greg Thompson

Default Aloha Y'all! (PT-LE Stereo chs to Mono.)

In article ,
(rickymix) wrote:

So I'd like to record say, a uke part, to a "stereo" track, (so
I don't have to worry about inducing phase problems by accidentally
nudging a mono track).

You can "lock" the audio so it doesn't get accidentally nudged around by
selecting the audio on the track and hitting 'apple-l' if it's on a mac.

But I want to eventually be able to EQ and
Effect the mic track differently than the direct track. The only way
I can think of to do this is to buss the "stereo" recorded track to 2
mono aux returns, and then hide the original stereo track to save
screen space.

You can do that. You can also insert "multi-mono" plugins on a stereo
track and adjust the two sides differently. On some plugins, there's an
"unlink" button available as well.

Is there a more elegant way to do this?

Someone mentioned splitting the tracks into mono (you highlight the
track and select "split selected tracks into mono" from the Edit menu)

And also, do those Aux
tracks use up PT "voices"? Hopefully not, as I've only got 32 total.

No, they don't use additional voices in LE. However they do use up
voices in TDM (just an FYI)

Greg