EganMedia

Default Aloha Y'all! (PT-LE Stereo chs to Mono.)

So I'd like to record say, a uke part, to a "stereo" track, (so
I don't have to worry about inducing phase problems by accidentally
nudging a mono track). But I want to eventually be able to EQ and
Effect the mic track differently than the direct track. BRBR

You'll probably want to record them to two ajacent mono tracks. You can group
them to avoid accidentally nudging one. I used to afraid of accidentally
moving half a stereo signal, and it's never happened. You can always zoom in
to the sample level to realign the beginnings of the two files anyway.

More importantly, if you start adding plugins to one track and not to the
other, you're going to have to deal with plugin latencies. You'll probably
want to nudge one track to correct for phase phunk.

You can open a stereo track and drag two identical files into it and apply a
stereo plugin. Some TDM plugs will automatically convert a mono track to
stereo to compensate for the discrepancy. Sound Toys (formerly Wave Mechanics)
does this and has some of the best sounding chorus/flange/etc. time based
effects I've heard.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT