Scott Dorsey

Bob Ross wrote:

Respectfully disagree: IMHO the Ursa Major MSP-126 is the ne plus ultra
of fake stereo synthesis. It even included an emulation of the Orban's
reciprocal comb filter technique so you could hear how much better
their delay-based stereo synthesis was (especially as far as mono
compatibility goes). I always thought the MSP-126 was one of the most
underrated processors to come out of the 1980's; really unique box.
Apparently some vestiges of its algoritms were ported over to the
ADR-68K or whatever the AKG effects box was called.

I never used anything but the reverbs on it! How does the fake stereo
function work? Anything involving delay makes me worry about mono
compatibility issues.

But I definitely agree with Scott's other point: there's nothing wrong
with mono! Embrace the mono! Feel the mono love!

"Stereo, you gotta be sitting between the speakers, but mono sounds good
everywhere. All the time people are telling me how good it sounds. People
call me up from a block over and say 'Vinny, that sounds good!"
---scott