Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Zoom H6

George Graves wrote:
On Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:21:13 AM UTC-7, William Sommerwerck
wrote:
I just looked at the specs for the H6.

I might have missed something, but /nowhere/ do I see a S/N spec for

specified SPL.

Hi Bill! Haven't communicated with you since our days at Stereophile
together! Glad to see you're still active in audio.

Anyway, If the H6 is anything like the H2, the line-in S/N is
excellent and the microphone input S/N is acceptable. Noise from the
built-in mikes is better than acceptable and makes good recordings, a
bit shy on bass (easily fixed in Audacity), but otherwise quiet
enough to be near the threshold of audibility. Like you, I have been
unable to find any REAL measured specs on the Zoom products S/N.

Well, this guy's measurements have about 88 dB, right? I think that is what
I saw.

I didn't realize you two were both Stereophile writers. I have known John
Atkinson since I was stationed in England in the 80s and he was at Hi Fi
News. Met Gordon Holt once, at a side tour to an audio dealer in L.A. to
audition some Wilson WAMMs. We both thought they were pretty harsh and
forward sounding. This dealer liked to darken the room to listen, which was
very annoying to me. I like to SEE my imaging, where the individual
instrumental images are in relation to the speaker boxes.

Gary Eickmeier