Posted to rec.audio.pro
George Graves George Graves is offline

Default Zoom H6

On Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:21:13 AM UTC-7, William Sommerwerck wrote:
I just looked at the specs for the H6.

I might have missed something, but /nowhere/ do I see a S/N spec for a

specified SPL.

Hi Bill! Haven't communicated with you since our days at Stereophile together! Glad to see you're still active in audio.

Anyway, If the H6 is anything like the H2, the line-in S/N is excellent and the microphone input S/N is acceptable. Noise from the built-in mikes is better than acceptable and makes good recordings, a bit shy on bass (easily fixed in Audacity), but otherwise quiet enough to be near the threshold of audibility. Like you, I have been unable to find any REAL measured specs on the Zoom products S/N.