John Phillips

I have had good luck with the iMic (USB ADC) and it is $40.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/

You can only record in Win98 but I think that you can also playback in XP.
I use Win98 and the cool thing is that iMic does not use special drivers!

John

"Len Moskowitz" wrote in message

caveplayer wrote:

I have Cakewalk Home Studio, and i'm happily recording through my PC.
Setup is simple, two mics into Behringer mixer into PC soundcard
(Soundblaster Live). Now i know this is slightly low tech but i'm
happy with the results. Now what do i need to do to do the same on my
laptop? I have a Dell Latitude D505 with (i think) a sigma tel C-major
soundcard (it only has a mic and earphones input). Is this possible at
all? If not what do i need to buy to do laptop recording of similar
quality to my PC setup?

Since you're comfortable with the lower end of the price scale, you might
try an M-Audio MobilePre USB. For under $150 it gives you two mic pres,
a USB interface, headphone monitoring and it's powered via the USB.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912