Lorin David Schultz

Use an external USB device to get sound into the computer. You connect
your source (microphone, instrument, mixer output, whatever) to the box,
and the box connects to your computer via USB.

I use a Digidesign Mbox, which comes with Pro Tools LE software.
Mackie, M-Audio and Edirol have similar devices too.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

"caveplayer" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I have Cakewalk Home Studio, and i'm happily recording through my PC.
Setup is simple, two mics into Behringer mixer into PC soundcard
(Soundblaster Live). Now i know this is slightly low tech but i'm
happy with the results. Now what do i need to do to do the same on my
laptop? I have a Dell Latitude D505 with (i think) a sigma tel C-major
soundcard (it only has a mic and earphones input). Is this possible at
all? If not what do i need to buy to do laptop recording of similar
quality to my PC setup?

thanks.