William Sommerwerck

Default Bose 901 Review

The 901 was not Amar's first effort. When I worked at "The Mountain"
(actually landfill, now *there's* a metaphor for you) back in 1978, I
would often walk by the "museum", a room with early Bose efforts and a
wall of glass. The first Bose speakers were one-eigth sperical gizmos
designed to fit into a corner. They looked a bit like they were geodesic
with a small full-range driver on each facet. I can't remember the model
number. Weird.

It was the 2201 and I mentioned it in a previous post. It's an interesting idea
that perhaps deserves further research with high-quality drivers.

I didnt last there very long. I was young and outspoken. And an
audiophile. I think that's what did it.

You can't speak truth to power.

Why has no one pointed out that, in German, böse means "evil"?