Justin Ulysses Morse

Default Amplifier question - very basic - update

rothman wrote:

So which is less a load 2 Ohms or 8 Ohms? So if the amp says not less than a
4 Ohm load in Bridged mono....That means a 2 Ohm load (which you clarified
that i'm now running) is OK, and a 8 Ohm load in Bridged mono would be very
bad for the amp?

8 ohms is "less of a load" than 2 ohms, meaning that at 8 ohms the amp
has to do less work than at 2 ohms. But when they say "not less than a
4 ohm load" that means that 4 ohms or 8 ohms or 1000 ohms is fine, but
2 ohms or 3.8 ohms is bad. You can run an 8-ohm load in bridged mono
without any problems with your amp. You're fine at 4 ohms also. If
you added more speakers in parallel, you'd get less than 4 ohms and
that would be bad.

This confusion makes more sense when you understan Ohm's Law. Look it
up.

If you could answer that I think I will be straight.

Do you like girls now?

ulysses