Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Recording with Measurement Mics

On 2/08/2018 9:39 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:

There's been a fair amount of work in microphone modeling in the past
few years, so now we have mics from, for example, Antelope Audio and
Steven Slate, that start out with a pretty flat, pretty omni mic and DSP
is used to create the phase shifts and resonances within a particular
"sounds good on..." mic to provide a reasonably good faith model.

But that's more than you want to know.

Remember Antares Mic Modeller ? Those are my Tannoy ribbon mics as one
of their presets on there. In recompense got a copy of the plug-in. Have
never used it ....

geoff