Posted to rec.audio.pro
Murray[_8_] Murray[_8_] is offline

Default What Makes a Good Broadcast mix?

On 2008-08-11 said:
* * I have become involved in Community Radio as a Technical Operator.
* *The *training is a bit sparse (very sparse). ˙There's a lot of
* *live reading *of Newspapers etc, interspersed with sponsor promos
* *etc and it's main *purpose is to support print handicapped people.
* * So my questions a
* * What makes a good mix?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input. I was more interested in what I COULD DO as I
am not the vocal talent; I am the guy driving the panel and putting
the programme to air. But based on some of "the talent" whose program
I am putting to air, I may put my hand up to to do an audition.

I have listened a lot over the last few days - hearing the problems of
others off-air, the mis-cues, coughing and not using the cough
button, cueing up programs going to air, faders down etc.

Hopefully, this won't be happening on next Monday's shift.

Regards to all,

Murray
PS feel free to contact me off-site if you wish.