Michael Scarpitti

Default Comments regarding: Cables, Hearing, Stuff!!

Stewart Pinkerton wrote in message ...
On 1 Apr 2004 17:24:48 GMT, (Michael
Scarpitti) wrote:

It should come as no surprise to anyone that top-tier products like
cables have little 'sound' of their own, and that it's the cheaper
stuff that does.

It should come as no surprise to anyone with real experience, and a
basic understanding of electronics, that all cables sound the same.

This is false on its face. I have owned both speaker cables and
interconnects that sound different.

Ergo, the better the quality, the more closely
perfection is approached, and the subtler the differences. Comparisons
between two brands of high-end cables are less likely to show
differences than comparisons between cheap cables and high-end cables.

Comparisons between 50 cents a foot 'zipcord' and $1,000 a foot Kimber
Black Pearl show no differences. This should not be a surprise to any
reasonable person.

Ad hominem attacks will get you nowhere. 'Unreasonable people' may
simply be the ones who have the most acute hearing.

Again, as we approach perfection, differences lessen between products.