Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

Default parallel chokes in a power supply

On Mar 17, 3:17*pm, Don wrote:
I need opinions on the use of two chokes in parallel in an otherwise
standard Pi type filter. *c - L//L - c
Assuming nearly identical chokes, ie, same part number and
manufacturer, will there be any problems?
I know the combined parallel inductance and resistance will be one half
that of a single choke, and the current capacity will be doubled.
Will one choke "take over" and burn out?

I have "space in the chassis problems", so I can't use one big choke.
-Don

Some other matters to consider with various choke configurations:

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/...dre%20Jute.htm

Andre Jute
Visit Jute on Amps at
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information for the tube audio
constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site containing vital gems of
wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review