Philip Lawrence

HI
I purchased some Dolam 6p3s when on holidays in Poland.
They look very well made tubes, but I found most had bits of metal
floating arround in them and developed shorts.
It was at the time solidarity was getting going.Early 80's I guess.
Cost 145 Zloty. I think I was getting about 1000 Zloty to the dollar {on
the black market} at the time.
Phil

Jd. wrote:
Uzytkownik "Mark Harriss" napisal w
wiadomosci ...

Anyone heard of tubes made in Poland?.

Yes. I've used many of them

I got my box of valves in the mail today. While
all are of the same type internally they are mostly
labelled "Made in Poland" with a few "Tronix",
"Brimar", "Made in USA" and "Made in
W. Germany" thrown in for good measure.

May be You have some relabelled tubes...

They look good in terms of construction
but unless I can find a Polish valve manufacturer

1. There was a big factory in Warsaw, called "Zaklady Wytworcze Lamp
Elektronowych".
Tubes were marked with ZWLE, Telam, Polam and Polamp brands.
See http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/brand.html for logo.
ZWLE produced mercury discharge and fluorescent tubes also, and bancrupted
in early 90's.

2. Second (smaller) factory - "Dolam" was located in Wroclaw, and produced
tubes in smaller lots - octal tubes, some soviet types (but marked in latin
letters !). Dolam was also producer of Nixie displays.
See http://www.unitra-dolam.pl/index_en.htm for their contemporary product
profile.

3. Third producer - "Lamina" - located in Piaseczno, produced tubes for
military/industry/broadcasting use (e.g. latin marked GU-50).
Lamina still exists: http://www.lamina.com.pl/Lamina/myweb7/products.htm

Some of Polish tubes were also marked with Unitra (trade company) logo.