Daniel Snooks

Default Capacitor, how to find out what size?

Tha Ghee wrote
what batt. can produce 6,600 watts show me some graphs, but you'll doctor
them up like you did with TN.

Even an average should be able to produce 6,600W and should be able to do it
for more the 30 seconds.

Let's look at some examples:

550CA battery 80ah rating (ah=amp hour)

@12V the above battery can produce 6,600W (12x550)
it should be able to do this for almost 9 minutes (80/550*60)
it can produce 960W continuously for an hour

I have a Motormaster Eliminator in my Sunbird

750CA, 135ah rating

@ 12V it can produce 9,000W (12x750)
it should be able to do this for about 10 minutes (135/750*60)
it can produce 1,620W continuously for an hour

I have run my stereo system off the battery for in excess of 7 hours before
(continuously). Probably drawing ~ 200W on average the entire time. Still
had enough juice left over the start the car at the end of the shift.

does my full power timeline seem correct? I made that equation up on the
fly, seems reasonable to me.

Dan Snooks