Daniel Snooks

Default Capacitor, how to find out what size?

Notice that in the first response here, Tha Ghee asserts that most things
break when you turn them OFF. I hope he meant to say ON, or none of it makes
any sense whatsoever.
More importantly, in the final response by Tha Ghee, he states that the
whole point of the post was to show that thelizard was incorrect. Um, he
never showed that. On a side note ... what does a lightbulb filament have to
do with the price of escargot in Spain? IF I read this thread correctly, the
discussion is (once again) what to do about capacitors. Are they useful? if
so in what application, if not ... why not?

Don't think that I feel thelizard needs a hand, just putting in my $0.02

Dan Snooks

Tha Ghee wrote
this is why most things break when you turn them off,
like light bulbs.

thelizman wrote
Light bulbs break when you turn them on. They break because over time
the filament loses mass as it is vapor deposited on the cool surface of
the inside of the bulb. When enough material vaporizes, the filament can
no longer handle the current passing through it.

Tha Ghee wrote
they also break when there's to much current going through the circuit,
but you left that part out in your infinite wisdom.

thelizman wrote
What part of "the filament can NO LONGER HANDLE THE CURRENT PASSING
THROUGH IT" escaped your comprehension, smacktard?

Tha Ghee wrote
so in fact you just proved my point, that was the whole point of the

post,
to show that you were incorrect and I wasn't. do you hate that I keep
showing you up in your only place of refuge?