Scott Gardner

Default Capacitor, how to find out what size?

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:14:00 -0500, thelizman
wrote:

Scott Gardner wrote:

I think the point Ghee was trying to make was

How can you be sure what Ghee was trying to say, he no speaka engrish!

I have to take him literally, and when he states that a battery is
weaker than an alternator, I have to correct him.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Okay, except that's not what he was saying. You posted the following
paragraph:

That's why cars have batteries. If you have flicker at idle, it's
because your power and ground wires at the battery and alternator are
insufficient are insufficient.

--

Ghee responded with this:

if your batt. is weak which most times it is, it doesn't matter, what the
alt or wires are like. if your going with a aftermarket alt. it may not
work any better.

He never compared a battery to an alternator, or claimed the battery
was weaker. He simply brought up the point that with a weak battery,
you can still get flickering or dimming at idle, even with a healthy
alternator and good wires, and if this is the case, an aftermarket
alternator might not improve the situation.

His English seems pretty good to me...

Scott Gardner