Jebus

Default Old speaker boxes

Well appearnce won't matter cuz there's a soft covering that is velcroed
over the speakers (classic speaker grill, lol). I was figuring the just
removing it would be best since I would have to completly open the case to
glue it back on or replace it. But as long as i can be sure that removing
it is ok then that's what I think would be easiest. Thanks.

"Nelson" wrote in message

"Jebus" wrote in message
Hello. I currently have 2 old (about 30 years old), but very nice (made

out
of 2 in. thick wood). However, as many woofers are made today, they

have
the cone in the back for air to come out. Well these tanks have

something
like that, but in the front. However, isteand of anything plastic,

there's
a piece of fabric covering the hole (almost like a small grill). Over

time
from all the use of the speakers, this cloth has become stretched and

causes
unwanted vibrations/sound in the bass parts especially. Is it safe to
remove this or should i replace the cloth? or should i just replace it

with
another part? would adding more of these holes produce better sound?
Thanks.

Just a guess from the description, but these sound like bass reflex
enclosures,
and probably are tuned. I would NOT add more holes, unless you want to

lose
much of the bass. If the fabric is "slapping" on any part of its support

on
bass
note. you could glue it down, stretch it tighter, replace it, or just lose
it, depending
on how important its appearance is to you.
FWIW
Nelson