Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Before I spend too much...

John Williamson wrote:
On 05/07/2019 09:13, geoff wrote:
On 5/07/2019 7:02 PM, John Williamson wrote:

At the moment, my proposed "studio" has (Albeit not too comfy
yet)seating for a hundred or so, so that may be of use.

Hard pews ?

I can hire out cushions. Grin

I'll get some decent padding on them. The current stuff has squished
itself down to an inch or two.

It's not necessarily a bad thing.... it will greatly extend your reverb
time and make for a much brighter reverb, compared with having people in
the seats (and people will absorb far more than an equivalent area of
padding too). But that can be useful, as long as it doesn't create slap
echo or flutter echo.

Good rooms come in all sorts... some are dull, some are bright, some are
dead, some are very live, but they are all useful for something.

A good studio has a variety of different acoustics, or a hall where the
acoustics can be controlled to make a dead but bright room, or a live but
dark room or any other combination.

The only thing all of these good rooms have in common is that they do not
have slap echo, flutter echo, or a lot of short reflections.