Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Before I spend too much...

On 05/07/2019 05:16, gray_wolf wrote:

I was listening to some Benny Goodman big band stuff. Those guys played!!
How could you record that in a studio?

To a degree, that even applies to modern stuff. My favourite example is
War Of The Worlds, originally recorded in one hit by Jeff Wayne and
pthers, then as a series of sessions later on, with the musicians on e
their ownin the studio. In the early one, the musicians feed off each
other and are obviously enjoying themselves, whereas the later one
sounds like just another job. Admittedly, there are a few fluffed notes
in the early one that aren't there in the later one, but they don't seem
to matter much, if at all.

At the moment, my proposed "studio" has (Albeit not too comfy
yet)seating for a hundred or so, so that may be of use.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.