Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry[_5_] Barry[_5_] is offline

Default M-audio Delta 1010 Card desired

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Yes, I did, and I was pretty sure it was an
honest mistake; it was an online charity auction and they didn't know
any better. There's a card on Reverb right now, but it's listed for $69.
By the time I buy that, build or buy a power supply, and snag a cable,
I'll have at least $125 into it. For what it is, that's still not bad,
but wouldn't have gone for it at that total price... won't get enough
use to justify it. Would rather put that money into the HV-3 fund...

I'll keep looking... or just pass the box on to someone who can use it.
Again, if anyone out there has an unused card they'd like to part with,
please let me know.

On 4/15/2021 12:23 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 4/15/2021 12:03 PM, Barry wrote:
Seller didn't mention that the card was not included, and had
advertised it as "M-Audio Delta 1010 2496 Recording System."

Did you contact the seller and ask where the card was? It's probably in
his sock drawer and he just didn't remember that it was part of the system.

Some people selling audio gear don't have a clue and just read what's on
the package or the chassis - They aren't trying to be dishonest, they
just don't know when they're lying. But most sellers, particularly on
sales web sites like Reverb, have a pretty good idea of whether they
have the whole system or just some spare parts (that someone will
appreciate, cheap).