Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Dick Pierce Dick Pierce is offline

Default Audio Interconnect cable Performance - is Return Wire Diameter a Factor?

On Monday, December 7, 2020 at 7:45:52 AM UTC-5, Peter Wieck wrote:
If our Sun winked out of existence tomorrow, how long would it take for
our planet to cease circling where our Sun once was?

That would be as soon as the gravity wave ceased - which would also be largely instantaneous.

Well, you're statement is imprecise, but largely wrong. Yes, the effect would be felt when
gravity ceased at the earth, but if the sun were to cease to exist, it would take about 8
minutes for the lack of garvity to propogate to 150 million kilometers to the Earth.

It would absolutely NOT be "largely instantaneous" with the cessation of the sun's existence
Indeed, the arrival the "dark" would be simultaneous with the departure of the earth into
interstellar space.

Dick Pierce