Posted to alt.radio.digital,alt.fan.howard-stern,rec.audio.car
jeWINK.WINK jeWINK.WINK is offline

Default SIRIUS and XM to Combine in $13 Billion Merger of Equals

"DAB sounds worse than FM" dab.is@dead wrote in message
news
JMiller wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:02:16 +0000, Paul Webster
wrote:

"BadAsCan" wrote:

I told everybody in this group in 2005 that Sirius and XM were
going to merge. It was inevitable. The reason for the merge is
Howard Stern. Stern is just too powerful and has a huge fan base.
Howard will be the undisputed king of satellite radio

I'm not claiming any great knowledge here - but if Howard Stern was
the critical factor then wouldn't the company that has his contract
simply keep going alone and take all of the customers from the other?

That's the way it's working out, but it's not necessarily just because
of Howard. I have to admit that I think it totally is because of
Howard, though.

So you think that a $13bn merger is all about Howard Stern?? I have to say
that that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in 2007.

Stick around .. by the end of the year you will be wondering why you even
bother reading most of the posts in this NG ..