Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Fascinating MS

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Measure it and see. Set up the mike outside, start recording, then walk
a circle around the microphone jingling a set of keys and calling out
where
you are. If the high frequency response varies with position, you'll be
able to tell it from just a drop in amplitude overall.
--scott

I took the stereo pair outside and did it in stereo in several mike patterns
but now I see you are saying to do it with just one mike and check the roll
off. But I am afraid my keys are not jingly enough to I got my sticks out
again for click tests all around.

Stay tuned, maybe on a new thread. I am getting less and less fascinated
with MS.

Gary

Gary, the combo of your inexpesnive kit, your lack of understanding, and
your "monitoring" makes for quite a sonic party. Your opinions of what
is what will not hold past a certain point, because frankly in some
areas they border on delusional. Please step back from them and at least
_try_ to get your head around many things that have been told you here.

MS works terrificly well when well implemented. Imagine that. Accept
that. Then stop blaming the mic configuration and start listening. If
you give Scott that same rig in the same room with the same sources you
will be startled at the result. In fact, hiring him to come consult on
even a single recording might be a wise approach to this, as so much of
what is needed is education.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com