Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Class D power amplifier---what about class-D CD?

No, digitization is representing those quantized levels
by numbers (these are the digits). Quantization is just
quantization, nothing more. It is a jaggy waveform.

Not so. Think about the _meaning_ of digital.

Sampling and digitization are separate and independent
phenomena. Perhaps you are unaware of CCD aka.
"bucket-brigade" which is most certainly *sampling*
but also most certainly ANALOG and NOT digital.

Of course. That wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about
amplitude quantization -- not temporal quantization.