Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Small power amplifier

On 14/04/2017 9:04 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Dave O'Heare wrote:
I'm surprised, with the recent crop of high-powered lightweight bass
amplifiers and such, that nobody sees this as useful for live audio.

I think most of it is because so much, even the MI market, is moving to
powered speakers. But yeah, it does mean managing power cables.
--scott

Yep, always been surprised why most people think power cables are
somehow less of a problem than speaker cables.
IMO the main advantage of powered speakers is in the crossover if they
use separate amps for each driver. One disadvantage is hoisting the
extra weight onto speaker stands.

Trevor.