Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dave O'Heare[_3_] Dave O'Heare[_3_] is offline

Default Small power amplifier

John Williamson wrote in
:

On 13/04/2017 07:35, Dave O'Heare wrote:

Are there any options for ~100W power amps in a small form factor?

Maybe a couple of small active PA speakers? There are many available
from 100 Watts upwards. The ones I use at the moment were made by
Montarbo in Italy, but may be discontinued now. The pair didn't cost
much more than a stereo amplifier, and they've got a tiny mixer and
bit of onboard DSP.

Thanks, John. I have some small powered speakers, and was using this setup
because it means one cable instead of two from the mix position to each
speaker. I was also using an ipad-controlled mixer so that I could tuck the
whole works out of sight (which mean me crashing through the nosh pit when
things went bad).

I'm surprised, with the recent crop of high-powered lightweight bass
amplifiers and such, that nobody sees this as useful for live audio.