Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dick Pierce[_2_] Dick Pierce[_2_] is offline

Default Just twisted my ankle over a BOSS Headphone . . .

ChrisCoaster wrote:
That does not explain their flat frequency response. Go on google
image and keyword rh-300 and frequency response and you'll see what I
mean! only a tiny trough around 7k but otherwise ruler flat.

Flat frequency response? Methinks someone may need their eyes
checked.

With the amount of enthusiasm heaped on this headphone in this
thread, my curiosity was piqued so I went and looked at the
frequency response graphs. Replotting that same data on a more
normal vertical scale (not the compressed 80 dB scale shown)
reveals that, in fact, not only is the reponse not "flat",
it's also on the mediocre side of normal for headphones. And
that "tiny trough around 7k?" Well, on the graph you reference,
that tiny trough (which is actually at about 5600 Hz), is some
19 dB below the level at 1 kHz.

Overall, the 20-20kHz response envelope is a very UNimpressive
+-15 dB. Even over a more restrictive range like 100-10kHz,
it's still +-12 dB.

Ho hum.

--
+ Dick Pierce |